Banana bread, coffee cake and banana cake, what a yummy way to give a gift!
I have the most wonderful subscribers! These recipes were submitted by Amy V.
Bring homemade coffeecake to a morning meeting or a girlfriend coffee clutch. Yummy!!!
How about making the banana bread in mini loaf pans? Once the bread is cool, wrap it is plastic wrap and add a bow. This would be a great way to say welcome to the neighborhood!
and put it all in a nice basket with a ribbon.
Going to a dinner party? Bring your host or hostess some banana cake for desert.
. My kids would absolutely and literally eat this right up. Frost with a little cream cheese frosting. Oh Yummers!
Thank you Amy for submitting these recipes for all to enjoy!
Old Fashion Coffee Cake
1. Cream 1 cup shortening, 2 cups sugar 2. Then add: 4 eggs, 1/2 tsp. Vanilla, 1 cup milk, 3 cups flour, 3 tsp baking powder
3. Cinnamon and sugar mix 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 5 Tbsp sugar
4. Use a Bundt pan, grease with shortening then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture
5. 1/3 batter, sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mix, add another 1/3 of batter and sprinkle more cinnamon/sugar mix, last 1/3 and last cinnamon/sugar mix
6. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Then turn oven off and leave in oven for 1 hour. After 2nd hour remove the cake from pan immediately allowing to cool turned over.
Banana Bread 1 cup white sugar, 1/ cup butter -cream the two together 1 tsp vanilla 1 Tbsp lemon juice 2 well beaten eggs 1 cup crushed bananas (3 large) 2 cups flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda ADD ALL OF THE ABOVE TO THE MIXTURE 1/4 cup thick sour cream 1/2 cup chopped nuts~optional
Fills two loaf pans Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour in well greased and floured pans
Banana Cake 2/3 cup shortening 2 1/2 cup cake flour 1 2/3 cup sugar 1 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 3 well ripened bananas 2/3 cup buttermilk 2 eggs nuts optional
Stir shortening just so softened, mix in dry ingredients, add bananas plus half of the buttermilk. Mix until all flour is dampened, then beat vigorously 2 minutes. Add remaining buttermilk plus eggs, beat 2 minutes longer fold in nuts. Bake in greased 9x13 pan. 350 degrees 30-35 minutes
Frosting 2 Tbsp flour 1/2 cup milk cook over burner until thick LET COOL Cream: 6 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp crisco 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 tsp vanilla
Once upper ingredients have cooled to room temperature mix all together. Frost cake once it is cool or just prior to serving.