by Clare Rothwell
Finished Candy Bouquets
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Dried Oasis (from hardware shop)
• Wooden skewers
• Hair pins or wire
• Fake Flowers (with removable leaves)
• RibbonHow to make it…
1. Use the knife to carefully cut the dried oasis so that it fits snugly in the pot (doesn’t need to be perfect, just so that it doesn’t move around).
2. Remove some of the leaves from the flower stems and pin them around the edge of the pot – this will hide the dried oasis and make it look full.
3. Cut some of the flower stems and add to the pot so that they sit just above the leaves.
4. Add taller flowers to the pot that sit above the lower layer of flowers. As you can see from the below picture, you can still see all of the stems which looks a bit rubbish, ultimately you will want the bouquet to look full but this is achieved using the sweets and ribbons so don’t worry too much about not using enough flowers.
5. Skewer your sweets onto the wooden sticks and tie bows underneath the sweets (tip: if possible tie the actual wrapper into the bow, this will stop it slipping down the stick)
6. Add the sweets to the bouquet, filling any obvious gaps.
7. And to finish it off, add a ribbon around the top of the flowerpot (you might need a dab of glue to hold it on) and Voila! You have a candy bouquet