Fruit flowers don't wither away, they just disappear!
To make these delicious edible fruit flowers simply follow step-by-step instructions with pictures below.
Fruit Flowers Supplies:
Fresh Whole Pineapple
Mini M&M candies
Container (I used a small Mason jar)
Paper, ribbon, cutouts...whatever you would like to use to decorate your jar.
Edible Arrangement Instructions:
1) Choose the kind of fruit you would like to use for your arrangement. I used fresh pineapple, watermelon, grapes and kiwi fruits.
2) Start making the flowers by slicing the pineapple. There is no need to peel or core it.
3) Use the flower shaped cookie cutter to cut the pineapple pieces needed for each flower. Cut as many as you will need for however many flowers you plan to make. Set these pieces aside.
Cut the peeling off the additional slices. Take two of the slices and cut them in half. Remove the core from the 4 half pieces.
4 Using the melon baller cut as many melon balls as you have pineapple flowers. Set these aside with the pineapple.
5) Peel Kiwi fruit and cut into slices. Cut a slice for each flower. Set these aside.
6) Wash the grapes. You will need one for each center of your flower then extra for the grape filed skewers.
7) Melt chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl. I usually put mine in for 30 seconds, stir them and keep putting them in the microwave for an additional 10 seconds until it is melted. I used dark chocolate chips for my bouquet.
8) Melt the white chocolate in the same fashion.
9) Lay pineapple pieces on a sheet of wax paper. Drizzle chocolate over the pineapple. Repeat the drizzle with the white chocolate.
10) Press mini M&M's into the wet chocolate then put in the refrigerator to harden.
11) With your bamboo skewers push 1 pineapple flower down the skewer far enough to be able to fit a kiwi slice, a watermelon ball and a grape on top of the pineapple flower.
12) Place 6 grapes on 2 or more skewers.
13) Push 4 skewers through the bottom of the chocolate covered pineapple pieces.
14) Decorate your container or glass jar for the occasion you want to give the arrangement.
15) Place the glass bobbles in the container or jar so they fill the jar about half way to the top.
16) Arrange your fruit flowers, grape skewers and candied pineapple pieces in your container how you like.
There you go, that's all there is to it!
TIP- Use the extra fruit to make a simple fruit salad. My kids never let any fruit go to waste!
More edible bouquet help and resources
I have this book and love it! It has a TON of different fruit combinations and ideas! I give it a 2 thumbs up!
I have this book too. Another 2 thumbs up!
More Edible gift ideas that aren't quite homemade but very good none the less.