These gingersnap cookies in a jar is a simple recipe to make for the holiday or anytime of the year!
Gingersnap cookies in a jar supplies needed:
1 quart wide mouth jar
Ingredients for cookies below
printed gift tag
small piece of cardstock
ribbon or raffia
Jar Mix Ingredients:
1 1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teasppon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/8 Teaspoon Allspice
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
1) Layer the ingredients in the quart jar in the exact order above. Pack each layer tightly in the jar before adding the next layer. When all ingredients are put into the jar screw on lid tightly.
2) Print out jar recipe instruction.
3) Cut and mount the jar recipe to a piece of cardstock.
4) Punch a hole the in cardstock and string the ribbon or raffia through the hole. Tie the recipe under the lid and around the jar.
5) Tie a bow to hold recipe in place.
Print The Following Jar Directions:
Make 3 to 4 dozen
1 Jar of Gingersnap Cookies Mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 Cup of butter softened
1/4 Cup Sweet Molasses
Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl cream together the butter, eggs and molasses. Add the Gingersnap cookie mix from the jar and blend well. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.