Grace your table and "WOW" your guests with this beautiful pumpkin floral centerpiece.
Add a pop of color to your fall or Thanksgiving table with this beautiful pumpkin floral centerpiece. I may look difficult to make, be it is very easy.
Pumpkin - The size of the pumpkin you choose all depends on the size of the arrangement you are wanting to make. I chose to use a pumpkin pie pumpkin. A smaller size pumpkin.
Floral Foam for real flowers
Flowers of your choice - I used spider mums, a variety of pom mums, solidago and dried hydrangeas
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Floral Directions:
1) Cut the top of the pumpkin just like you begin making a jack o lantern. Clean out the inside of the pumpkin and rinse it out.
2) Cut a piece of floral fan with a knife that will fit inside of your pumpkin.
3) Fill the pumpkin with water and fully saturate the floral foam.
4) Add a couple of drops of bleach to the water. The bleach will cut down on the bacteria in the water and will keep the flowers fresher longer.
5) Start with your tallest flowers which in this case is the Spider Mums.
Always cut flower stems at a diagonal and remove leaves that are on the lower part of the stem. This will also help cut down on bacteria in the water. I cut them so they are the tallest flowers and arrange them so there is one dead in the middle and them I space out the other spider mums around that center flower.
6) The I move on to the pom mums which are my medium length flowers. I cut these mums a little bit shorter that the first set of mums and place them in between the spider mums and spreads them around the arrangement.
Lastly I add the fillers. In this case I used dried hydrangeas and orange solidago. These flowers are called the "filler" because it basically fills up the empty spots in the arrangement and pulls the whole thing together.
I LOVE the natural curl of the pumpkin stem. So to use that top part of the pumpkin I use a toothpick to attach the top of the pumpkin to the side of the pumpkin.
There you have it. You can use basically any type of flowers you like for this floral pumpkin centerpiece.
Fun Thanksgiving Ideas
Get your guests to loosen up with games or a contest. You may choose to use the centerpiece as a gift or a prize for your dinner guests.