Streusel isn't just for apple pie anymore! Try this yummy pumpkin pie recipe with a streusel twist!
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
This easy pumpkin pie recipe is extra special with the streusel topping. I don’t save it for just my apple pies anymore!
Thanks Sherri from Wisconsin for the yummy submission!
1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup finely chopped candied or crystallized ginger
1) On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; Use a fork to press edges.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Pour into pastry shell.
3) Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
4) In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and ginger. Gently sprinkle over filling.
5) Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Serves 8
TIP To make your pie a little fancy, use autumn cookie cutters to cut out shapes like leaves out of extra pie crust. Sprinkle with sugar and bake until lightly brown. Lay the leaves on top of the streusel topping.